Monday, July 9, 2007

MS Activist's Letter on Biologic MS Drugs Runs in Ohio Paper

Pam Rice writes:

I live with multiple sclerosis and rely on a drug called Avonex, an injectable drug I give myself once a week. I've been using Avonex for almost 10 years and credit it for preventing further progression of my MS.

Many people in Ohio live with devastating, incurable diseases like MS and cancer. Unfortunately, the cost of biologic treatments can be so staggering that many stop their prescribed therapy because they cannot afford it ...

I support the Access to Life-Saving Medicine Act (S. 623, H.R. 1038) that would provide this statutory pathway and help make critical medicines more available and more affordable to people who need them most.

Click here to read the complete letter to the editor in the Toledo Blade.

No comments: